we only said goodbye with words

04 April 2007

when i felt empty and thought books would fill it

books i need to reread in order to feel closer to things:

1. extremely loud and incredibly close
2. the unbearable lightness of being
3. everything is illuminated
4. the history of love
5. love in the time of cholera
6. one hundred years of solitude.

fuck. i don't have the time to go plowing through old books, books whose surfaces i have already scratched and touched and given my all-seeing attention.

i want to read new things.

but i feel like i must read them to move on somehow. from something. especially #s 1 and 2.

and since the only version of extremely loud that i have is the one i bought in sweden (i gave my original copy [it's so original that it doesn't even have any reviews on the cover] to my grandmother awhile ago and haven't gotten it back yet), i have to go to borders now and buy it, which makes me happy, in a way. i love buying books.

1 comment:

Rex said...

I realize that you update your blog so many times in even one day.

It should be apart my online ritual.
Get online, check myspace, Mikey's blog, and e-mail.

why is everyone stressing so much about leaving people? people I know start to stress, then I stress..

ugh.