we only said goodbye with words

06 April 2007

when i built a wall around myself

so i realized i have a conflicting philosophy, and that at the core of it all i live in my own city with unbreakable and unbendable walls and only tiny door.

i say to cherish memories you have even if you physically can't take anything with you, even if it leaves you upset in the end, because it's selfish to do anything else. it's selfish to just abandon love if you can't reap any tangible rewards from it.

but then again, i feel so solidary in and out of my own head, and i've realized that i live alone in my own existence with few visitors.

even though my outer walls may brush up against the walls of others, all i can hear is the beating of my own heart and the pulsing of my own mind.

i am the solipsist.

No comments: