we only said goodbye with words

09 April 2007

when the dashboard melted

just like everything:
the new modest mouse cd. at first i did not like it. it was too...i don't know. i liked Dashboard a lot. that song rocked. then slowly the rest of the songs began to grow on me. We've Got Everything. Florida. Fire It Up. Parting of the Sensory. the cd is just actually really amazing.

things are sometimes incredible: at first, you just like this one thing or another about something, and then slowly, through repeated exposure and general good times, you slowly realize how much you love the rest of it.

someday you will die and somehow someone's gonna steal your carbon.

and now it is just about twelve thirty am on the day that school begins again and i find myself sitting here and honestly what i want to do more than anything in the world is read. starting now and going as long as i can, until i finish every book on my personal reading list. forget school. forget food. forget the beauty of life, for it is all contained within my pages of fiction. my escape. my prism of reality.

oh yeah and one more time fuck hamlet and its lit review.

No comments: