we only said goodbye with words

10 August 2007

when i was a writer and reader of fictions

i finished my new story called "don't say goodnight" and i ended up inserting a lot of other little rants and monologues i had previously written, which fits with the main character, because he's a writer, like me, so the story is split into metaphorical stream of consciousness narration and sections where it's what the main character "wrote". i'm kind of happy with it. it's way more poetic than "salem and palomino" (my other most recent story), which i like. i still have to edit it and make sure it actually all makes sense (it's highly probable that it doesn't).

anyway, i counted and realized i've read a whopping 13 books this summer. holy bejesus. recently added to the read list:

- mysteries of pittsburgh, by michael chabon (AWESOME AWESOME book. really really good. i liked it a lot)
- apathy, by ...i can't remember. really funny. read it in less than a day.
- galapagos, by vonnegut. very good. definitely one of my favorite vonneguts.

and now i'm reading evening, by susan minot, which i really like. it's really good.

and i was reading the beginning of everything is illuminated earlier and it made me remember how much i love that book.

just wanted to talk about that to the eternal darkness of no one.

2 comments:

She Who Walks In Beauty said...

ugh, i need a good book. The one I'm reading is pretty crappy, but now that I've gotten like 100 pages in, I need to find out what happens, so I've got to skim to the end. But I checked out the cast for Love in the Time of Cholera, and it looks amazing. I saw something with Lidv Schreiber the other day, the Painted Veil. Really it's starring Edward Norton and Naomi Watts, and it's amazing. I really really liked it. And, the other day when I was in Toronto at the public library, I picked up a collections of novellas by Marquez and read one called Chronicle of a Death Foretold. It was so refreshing to go back to Marquez. And the novella was really good.

So this has been a comment to let you know that people sometimes still read this. :)

地永夢頭 said...

lick my bejeezus